[slurm-users] slurmctld hanging

byron lbgpublic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:25:35 UTC 2022

Hi

We recently upgraded slurm from 19.05.7 to 20.11.9 and now we occasionally
(3 times in 2 months) have slurmctld hanging so we get the following
message when running sinfo

“slurm_load_jobs error: Socket timed out on send/recv operation”

It only seems to happen when one of our users runs a job that submits a
short lived job every second for 5 days (up to 90,000 in a day).  Although
that could be a red-herring.

There is nothing to be found in the slurmctld log.

Can anyone suggest how to even start troubleshooting this?  Without
anything in the logs I dont know where to start.

Thanks