[slurm-users] Can slurm be configured to count CG job into max_job or max_submit limitation?

taleintervenor at sjtu.edu.cn taleintervenor at sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Jul 19 03:26:45 UTC 2022

Hi all,

Recently we found a problem caused by too many CG jobs. When user
continuously submit small jobs which complete quickly, the RUNNING and
PENDING job number do restricted by MaxJob and MaxSubmit in user's
association. But slurm did not count the CG job. Because we set epilog to
collect some job information into shared storage(lustre,gpfs), too many CG
job running epilog at the same time jam-up the shared storage.

So we want to restrict the CG jobs just like MaxJob and MaxSubmit do. Is
this behavior supported by slurm?