[slurm-users] Using "srun" on compute nodes -- Ray cluster

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Fri Jul 15 16:22:04 UTC 2022

Are you talking about a script that is run via sbatch containing srun
command lines? If so, there are a lot of reasons to do that. One is
better instrumentation, as I understand it, but also srun --mpi is a way
to eliminate mpiexec/mpirun/etc., and is what we recommend at our site
instead (using the PMI2 or PMIx methods).

--
#BlackLivesMatter
____
  ||_// the State  |    Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
  || \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 ~*~ RBHS Campus
  ||  \\    of NJ  | Office of Advanced Res. Comp. - MSB C630, Newark
       `'