[slurm-users] SlurmDB Archive settings?

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 14 17:02:33 UTC 2022

I've never looked at the internals of how the native Slurm archive
script works.  What I can tell you is that we have never had a problem
reimporting the data back in that was dumped from older versions into a
current version database.  So the import using sacctmgr must do the
conversion from the older formats to the newer formats and handle the
schema changes.

I will note that if you are storing job_scripts and envs those can eat
up a ton of space in 21.08.  It looks like they've solved that problem
in 22.05 but the archive steps on 21.08 took forever due to those
scripts and envs.

-Paul Edmon-