[slurm-users] SlurmDB Archive settings?

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 14 13:10:58 UTC 2022

We just use the Archive function built into slurm.  That has worked fine
for us for the past 6 years.  We keep 6 months of data in the active
archive.

If you have 6 years worth of data and you want to prune down to 2 years,
I recommend going month by month rather than doing it in one go.  When
we initially started archiving data several years back our first pass at
archiving (which at that time had 2 years of data in it) took forever
and actually caused issues with the archive process.  We worked with
SchedMD, improved the archive script built into Slurm but also decided
to only archive one month at a time which allowed it to get done in a
reasonable amount of time.

The archived data can be pulled into a different slurm database, which
is what we do for importing historic data into our XDMod instance.

-Paul Edmon-