[slurm-users] SlurmDB Archive settings?

Timony, Mick Michael_Timony at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 13 20:55:20 UTC 2022

Hi Slurm Users,

Currently we don't archive our SlurmDB and have 6 years' worth of data in our SlurmDB. We are looking to start archiving our database as it starting to get rather large, and we have decided to keep 2 years' worth of data. I'm wondering what approaches or scripts other groups use.

The docs refer to the ArchiveScript setting at:
https://slurm.schedmd.com/slurmdbd.conf.html#OPT_ArchiveScript

I've seen suggestions to import into another database that will require keeping the schema up-to-date which seems like a possible maintenance issue or nightmare if one forgets to update the schema after updating Slurmdb. We also have most of the information in an Elasticsearch<https://slurm.schedmd.com/elasticsearch.html> instance, which will likely suite our needs for long term historical information.

What do you use to archive this information? CSV files, SQL dumps or something else?

Regards
--
Mick Timony
Senior DevOps Engineer