[slurm-users] limit the queued jobs

Purvesh Parmar purveshp0507 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 01:37:14 UTC 2022

Hi,

I want to limit the queued jobs per user to 5 which means, system should
not allow more than 5 jobs per user to remain in queue (not running and
waiting for resources) and only 4 jobs to run at any given time. To
summarize, I want to implement a policy of 4 jobs per user in the running
state and 5 jobs per user in the queue at any given time.

I have achieved implementation of the limit of running jobs to 4 by
sacctmger  set MaxJobs=4. This works..But, could not find any
parameter which takes care of only queued jobs limit. How to do this?

Thanks
Purves