[slurm-users] Fairshare within a single Account (Project)

Tomislav Maric maric at mma.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Jan 30 11:30:42 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

We are a small research group that shares an account on the cluster and
we thought we would be able to use usage reports to balance the CPUh
from different users: we were wrong.

Is it possible to set up Fairshare
<https://slurm.schedmd.com/fair_tree.html> within a single Account
(Project)? I am reading the documentation, but as a non-admin, it is
difficult for me to know what the configuration steps for something like
this would be. If someone would outline the configuration steps in this
case, it would save me a great deal of time...

Kind regards,

Tomislav Maric

--
Dr.-Ing. Tomislav Maric