[slurm-users] Fwd: useradd: group 'slurm' does not exist

Jeffrey R. Lang JRLang at uwyo.edu
Tue Jan 25 21:09:50 UTC 2022

Looking at what you provided in your email the groupadd commands are failing, due to the requested GID 991 and 992 already being assigned by the system your installing on.

Check the /etc/group file and find two GID numbers lower than 991 that are unused and use those instead.  Keep them in the 900 range and going to low can run into system GID assignments.

Once you have selected your new GID’s use them in the groupadd commans to create the proper groups.  Also use these new GID’s in the useradd commands as appropriate.