[slurm-users] Questions about default_queue_depth

Renfro, Michael Renfro at tntech.edu
Wed Jan 12 17:43:30 UTC 2022

Not answering every question below, but for (1) we're at 200 on a cluster with a few dozen nodes and around 1k cores, as per https://lists.schedmd.com/pipermail/slurm-users/2021-June/007463.html -- there may be other settings in that email that could be beneficial. We had a lot of idle resources that could have been backfilled with short, lower-priority jobs, and this basically resolved it.

For (3), I think https://slurm.schedmd.com/sprio.html would be my first stop.

For (4), as far as I know, that's a setting for all partitions.