[slurm-users] monitoring and update regime for Power Saving nodes

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at uibk.ac.at
Thu Feb 24 10:26:40 UTC 2022

Hi everybody,

for forcing a run of your config management as Tina suggested you might
just add a

ExecStartPre=

line to your slurmd.service file?

This is somewhat unrelated to your problem but we are very successfully
using

ExecStartPre=-/usr/bin/nvidia-smi -L

in our slurmd.service file to make sure that all the GPU-devices are
visible and available on our GPU-nodes *before* slurmd starts. Of course
the dash after the "=" is important to make systemd ignore potential
errors when running that command.

Hermann