[slurm-users] job_container/tmpfs mounts a private /tmp but the permission is root 700.Normal user can not read or write.

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:23:45 UTC 2022

I am guessing that you are running VMs in the cloud, maybe even Azure.

By default, they set /tmp to 0700 when the node is deployed. It is up to
you to change that as needed as part of the cloud-init or other finalize
step.

I took to creating /tmp/scratch with permissions of 1777 and then
symlink that to /scratch which is where users are directed to.

You could just do "chmod 1777 /tmp" as well

Caveat: If this is the ephemeral ramdisk/ssd/etc disk that is created
each time the node starts up, you have to do the above step every boot.

Brian Andrus