[slurm-users] Upgrade from 17.02.11 to 21.08.2 and state information

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 23:49:32 UTC 2022

I actually just did that path for a children's hospital.

It was fairly straight-forward. Running jobs were not affected.

You do need to go 17->18->19->20->21

This is because there were changes in the db schema.

If you plan on bringing everything to a stop (no running jobs), you
should be good. You will still need to do the incremental for the db
changes, but no worries about state files either way.

Brian Andrus