[slurm-users] Compute nodes cycling from idle to down on a regular basis ?

Jeremy Fix Jeremy.Fix at centralesupelec.fr
Wed Feb 2 18:56:48 UTC 2022

Hello , Thank you for your suggestion and I thank also thank Tina;

To answer your question, there is no TreeWidth entry in the slurm.conf

But it seems we figured out the issue .... and I'm so sorry we did not
think about it : we already had a pool of 48 nodes on the master but
their slurm.conf diverged from the ones on the pool of dancing state
nodes; At least, their slurmd was not restarted;

And actually several people suggested that the slurmd need to talk
between each other; That's really our fault; 100 nodes were aware of all
the 148 nodes and 48 nodes were only aware of themselves; I suppose that
created issues to the master;

So even if we also had other issues like interfaces flip flopping, the
diverged slurm.conf was probably the issue.

Thank you all for your help, It is time to compute :)

Jeremy.