[slurm-users] Stopping new jobs but letting old ones end

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Feb 1 07:11:30 UTC 2022

Login nodes being down doesn't affect Slurm jobs at all (except if you run
slurmctld/slurmdbd on the login node ;-)

To stop new jobs from being scheduled for running, mark all partitions
down.  This is useful when recovering the cluster from a power or cooling
downtime, for example.

I wrote a handy little script "schedjobs down" available from
https://github.com/OleHolmNielsen/Slurm_tools/tree/master/jobs
This loops over all partitions in the cluster and marks them down.  When
the cluster is OK again, run "schedjobs up".

/Ole