[slurm-users] SlurmCommander

Petar Jager petar.jager at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:00:30 UTC 2022

Dear slurm-users community,

we, the Vienna BioCenter HPC team, would like to share with you the
SlurmCommander,
a simple, lightweight, no-dependencies text-based user interface (TUI) to
your slurm cluster.

https://github.com/CLIP-HPC/SlurmCommander

Behind the scenes, it combines JSON output of multiple slurm commands so
that, with just a few keystrokes,
you can easily view, search, analyze and interact with:

* Job queue - view, search, inspect, ssh to nodes, issue commands to jobs
etc.
* Job history - browse, search and inspect past jobs
* Edit and submit jobs from predefined templates (personal or group/site
ones)
* Examine state of cluster nodes and partitions

A sample demo video can be seen here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CLIP-HPC/SlurmCommander/main/images/jobqueue.gif

"Installation" instructions, tips and bits of knowledge you can find in the
repository README.
Upon startup, follow the instructions on the screen and use the keys help
line in the bottom.

Feel free to get involved if you're interested, or to share this invitation
and the project link with your colleagues on other slurm hpc sites:
https://github.com/CLIP-HPC/SlurmCommander

And one final important topic:

Feedback:
Is most welcome. Of any kind.
This is a brand new piece of software, and whilst we tried our best to fix
most of the obvious bugs, we're quite aware there are many more left to
squash.
Use the github issues to drop us any of the following:

* bug reports
* broken UI elements
* code panic reports
* ideas
* wishes
* code contributions
* usage stories
* kudos
* coffee and/or beer
* ...

We wish you all happy holidays and all the best in the new computing year.

--
Petar Jager
mailto:petar.jager at gmail.com