[slurm-users] setting job table index start value

rstory+slurm at ant.isi.edu rstory+slurm at ant.isi.edu
Wed Dec 14 16:25:01 UTC 2022

Hello,

We've been working on upgrading from slurm 20 to the latest slurm 22
and ran into the issue of extremely slow database schema migration. One
workaround I found a reference to suggested just starting slurm 22 with
a fresh database and converting the old database offline and importing
later. Obviously this would require starting the new database table
indexes higher than the existing ones.

I haven't delved into the schema to figure out how are the tables are
related and I was hoping someone else had figured this out and maybe
written a script to deal with it.

Any/all help or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert