[slurm-users] maridb version compatibility with Slurm version

navin srivastava navin.altair at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 05:58:48 UTC 2022

Hi,

I have a question related to the mariadb vs slurm version compatibility.
Is there any matrix available?

We are running with slurm version 20.02 in our environment on SLES15SP3 and
with mariadb 10.5.x . We are upgrading the OS from SLES15SP3 to SP4 and
with this we see the mariadb version is 10.6.x. and we are not upgrading
the Slurm version.

What is the best way to deal with this as we patch the server quarterly and
keep the slurm version unchanged as I locked this at os level  but the
mariadb version update happens and as far as i see it has no impact.
is it good idea to keep the mariadb version also intact with the slurm
version?

Regards
Navin.