[slurm-users] Swap Configuraton for compute nodes

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at uibk.ac.at
Wed Aug 17 08:09:47 UTC 2022

Hi Eg.

if you are using cgroups (as you do if I read your other post correctly)
these two lines in your cgroup.conf should do the trick:

ConstrainSwapSpace=yes
AllowedSwapSpace=0

Regards,
Hermann

PS: BTW we are planning to *not* use this setting as right now we are
looking into allowing jobs to swap/page when they have exhausted their
requested memory.
Until now our impression is that this has an impact on the respective
job only and not on the whole compute node. But maybe we are wrong...