[slurm-users] non-historical scheduling

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Tue Apr 12 13:52:08 UTC 2022

Hi Chagai,

Chagai Nota <chagai.nota at altair-semi.com> writes:

> Hi Loris
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> I tired to configure it and I didn't get desired results.
> This is my configuration:
> PriorityType=priority/multifactor
> PriorityDecayHalfLife=0
> PriorityUsageResetPeriod=DAILY
> PriorityFavorSmall=yes
> PriorityWeightFairshare=100000
> PriorityWeightAge=0
> PriorityWeightPartition=0
> PriorityWeightJobSize=100000
> PriorityMaxAge=1-0
> PriorityCalcPeriod=1
>
> The desired result its that when 2 users A and B send jobs they will have equal number of jobs to each of them.
> Lets say all grid have 12 slots so user A and B each one of them will get 6, but when happen that user A get 12 and after sometime user B get 12

I don't know what you mean by 'grid'.  I am also not really sure what
you want to happen.  How many 'slots' (I assume you mean 'cores') do the
jobs require?  Do A and B each submit one 12-core job or 12 single-core
jobs.  If the former, then either A's job or B's job will run first; if
the latter, then it just depends on exactly when the jobs are submitted.

You could also set

  PriorityWeightFairshare=0

to remove even the effect of the CPU-usage over the day.

Cheers,

Loris

ZEDAT, Freie Universität Berlin         Email loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de