[slurm-users] Hyperthreading and billing according to physical cores

pravin pravinypawar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 08:47:44 UTC 2022

Hello all,

We have enabled hyperthreading in our system

We were billing our users according to per core policy

But as we have enabled HT the billing is taking according to per thread

Example:
For no hyperthreading:

Suppose we are taking 7 core job it takes billing according to 14 core

For hyperthreading:

Suppose we are taking 7 core job it takes billing according to 8 core only

How to bill according actual physical core even if job uses hyperthreading

And how to identify whether job is running on  hyperthreading or not?

Thanks and Regards

Pravin Pawar