[slurm-users] Information about lack of resources

Pavel Vashchenkov vashen at itam.nsc.ru
Mon Sep 27 11:21:55 UTC 2021

Hi all

There are  some jobs in queue with message "(Nodes required for job are
DOWN, DRAINED or reserved for jobs in higher priority partitions)"

But there are free nodes in the same time.

My question:
Is there a script to show what the resources are required and why
exactly the queue system does not start the jobs?

I mean, for example, I run this script with ID of job
$ why_job_does_not_start.sh 12345

and it writes:
"There is not enough memory on free nodes" or "There is no enough nodes
to start"

--
Pavel Vashchenkov