[slurm-users] Slurm Job Error Output is Missing

Maria Semple maria at rstudio.com
Tue Sep 14 17:08:48 UTC 2021

Hello again!

I had a realisation last night that I was probably truncating the previous
stderr output by not supplying the -a argument to tee. After some testing
this morning, I can happily say that the following script works as expected:

test.sh:
#!/bin/bash

echo "out"
echo "err" >&2
echo "err 2" 1>&2
>&2 echo "err 3"
echo "err 4" >>/dev/stderr
echo "err 5" 1>>/dev/stderr
echo "err 6" | tee -a /dev/stderr

In the end it was on my side, but I thought I would still share in case
someone else makes the same mistake.

--
Best Regards,
Maria