[slurm-users] [External] How can I do to prevent a specific job from being prempted?

Florian Zillner fzillner at lenovo.com
Tue Sep 14 07:38:02 UTC 2021

See the no-requeue option for SBATCH:

--no-requeue
Specifies that the batch job should never be requeued under any circumstances. Setting this option will prevent system administrators from being able to restart the job (for example, after a scheduled downtime), recover from a node failure, or be requeued upon preemption by a higher priority job. When a job is requeued, the batch script is initiated from its beginning. Also see the --requeue option. The JobRequeue configuration parameter controls the default behavior on the cluster.

https://slurm.schedmd.com/sbatch.html