[slurm-users] Bug when I run "sinfo --states=idle"

David Henkemeyer david.henkemeyer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 16:53:39 UTC 2021

Hello,

I just noticed today that when I run "sinfo --states=idle", I get all the
idle nodes, plus an additional node that is in the "DRAIN" state (notice
how xavier6 is showing up below, even though its not in the idle state):

(! 807)-> sinfo --states=idle
PARTITION AVAIL  TIMELIMIT  NODES  STATE NODELIST
*debug        up   infinite      1  drain node6*
debug        up   infinite      2   idle node[2-3]
debug1*      up   infinite      1   idle node8

Every other state filter seems to be ok:

(! 808)-> sinfo --states=drain
PARTITION AVAIL  TIMELIMIT  NODES  STATE NODELIST
debug        up   infinite      1  drain node6
debug1*      up   infinite      0    n/a

(! 809)-> sinfo --states=down
PARTITION AVAIL  TIMELIMIT  NODES  STATE NODELIST
debug        up   infinite      1  down* node1
debug1*      up   infinite      0    n/a

Is this a known issue?  We are running 21.08.0

David