[slurm-users] is there a way to temporarily freeze an account?

Thomas M. Payerle payerle at umd.edu
Wed Oct 6 14:01:22 UTC 2021

There are a lot of parameters controlling the resources which an account
and/or user can use.  I suspect your default setup only uses a few of
them.  To temporarily disable an account, you can apply a setting which is
disjoint from your normal methods.

E.g., if you normally set GrpTresMins to limit usage on an account to a
certain level, you might be able to temporarily set GrpJobs or
GrpSubmitJobs to 0 to disable the account from running/submitting
additional jobs.  This should not affect the TRES numbers, so can just
remove the GrpJobs/GrpSubmitJobs restrictions when you wish to re-enable.

--
Tom Payerle
DIT-ACIGS/Mid-Atlantic Crossroads        payerle at umd.edu
5825 University Research Park               (301) 405-6135
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20740-3831