[slurm-users] Per-job TMPDIR: how to lookup gres allocation in prolog?

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Wed Nov 17 08:05:36 UTC 2021

Mark Dixon <mark.c.dixon at durham.ac.uk> writes:

> Unfortunately, I've not found anything in the Prolog environment (or
> stored on disk under /var/spool/slurmd) containing the gres
> allocations for the job.

[...]

> Is there a better way to get the job's gres information from within
> the prolog, please?

We are using basically the same setup, and have not found any other way
than running "scontrol show job ..." in the prolog (even though it is
not recommended).  I have yet to see any problems arising from it, but
YMMW.

If you find a different way, please share it with the list!

--
Regards,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,