[slurm-users] Can't use cgroups on debian 11 : unable to get parameter 'tasks' for '/sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset/'

Arthur Toussaint arthur.toussaint at wandercraft.eu
Tue Nov 16 16:04:24 UTC 2021

Hi,
I'm trying to use cgroups in my slurm config on Debian 11 (installed through
debian apt repo), but slurmd won't start, I've attached the relevant slurmd.log
as well as slurm.conf and cgroup.conf files
The error seems to be unable to get parameter 'tasks' for '/sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset/'
I've added the `cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1` to the cmdline but that
doesn't help
I've seen people having those kind of problems, but no one seem to be able to solve it and keep the cgroupsThanks a lot
Arthur