[slurm-users] Parent accounts

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Mon May 31 12:20:10 UTC 2021

Hi Stefan,

On 5/28/21 3:31 PM, Stefan Staeglich wrote:
> for our monitoring system I want to query the account hierarchy. Is there a
> better approach than to parse the output of
>
> sacctmgr list account withasso -nP
>
> ?
>
> Something like
>
> sacctmgr list account parent=bla withasso -nP
>
> doesn't work.

Here is another suggestion:

$ sacctmgr -P list account camdvip withassoc
format=User,Account,ParentName,Org,Cluster,Share
User|Account|Par Name|Org|Cluster|Share
|camdvip|camd|camd|niflheim|parent
user1|camdvip||camd|niflheim|1
user2|camdvip||camd|niflheim|3

The first output line "|camdvip|camd|camd|niflheim|parent" shows that the
parent of account "camdvip" is "camd" in the ParentName column.

The following lines displays each user in the account under the User column.

So all the information is really there!  The question is only which data
you're asking for?

Best regards,
Ole