[slurm-users] pam_slurm_adopt not working for all users

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Tue May 25 16:07:02 UTC 2021

Hi Lloyd,

Lloyd Brown <lloyd_brown at byu.edu> writes:

> We had something similar happen, when we migrated away from a Rocks-based
> cluster.  We used a script like the one attached, in /etc/profile.d, which was
> modeled heavily by something similar in Rocks.
>
> You might need to adapt it a bit for your situation, but otherwise it's pretty
> straightforward.
>
> Lloyd

I was just getting round to the idea that /etc/profile.d might be the
way to go, so your script looks like exactly the sort of thing I need.

Thanks!

Loris

PS Am I wrong to be surprised that this is something one needs to roll
oneself?  It seems to me that most clusters would want to implement
something similar.  Is that incorrect?  If not, are people doing
something else?  Or did some vendor setting things up with a home-spun
script in a dim and distance past happen to everyone else too?

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Hr./Mr.)
ZEDAT, Freie Universität Berlin         Email loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de