[slurm-users] Determining Cluster Usage Rate

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Fri May 14 06:19:30 UTC 2021

On 5/13/21 3:08 pm, Sid Young wrote:

> Hi All,

Hiya,

> Is there a way to define an effective "usage rate" of a HPC Cluster
> using the data captured in the slurm database.
>
> Primarily I want to see if it can be helpful in presenting to the
> business a case for buying more hardware for the HPC  :)

I have a memory that it's possible to use "sreport" to show you what
amount of time jobs were waiting for what TRES - in other words whether
they were waiting for CPUs, memory, GPUs, etc (or some combination).

Ah here you go..

sreport -t percent -T ALL cluster utilization

That breaks things down by all the trackable resources on your system.

Hope that helps!
Chris
--
   Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA