[slurm-users] job_submit_lua improvement

AB xelablo at yahoo.de
Mon May 10 19:04:23 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I have a question about the workflow to provide patches reps. change
requests to the job_submit_lua.c

We need to modify the email address users provide in their job scripts
to the one they provided to our user administration. In the current
versions of job_submit_lua.c it is not possible to modify this string.
Therefore I have patched it on my own to make it work. But I want to
provide this back to SchedMD and not have to patch it with every new
release on my own.

Can someone tell me what would be the best way - provide the patch or
request the feature? And how would I do it either way?

Thanks,

Alexander