[slurm-users] SLURM 20.11.0 no x11 forwarding.

Tina Friedrich tina.friedrich at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 4 10:57:24 UTC 2021

No idea if I replied this to this particular thread already (if I have
sorry for the duplicate).

I had issues getting X forwarding to work with SLURM at the start.
Worked via SSH; no authentication / xauth problems when doing via SLURM.

Turned out to be caused by the nodes having their hostname set to their
'long' hostname (i.e. including domain) - I think that might be Red Hat
default? I 'fixed' it by changing things so all things cluster (i.e. all
things that have SLURM installed) have their hostname set to the short
hostname.

Tina

--
Tina Friedrich, Advanced Research Computing Snr HPC Systems Administrator

Research Computing and Support Services
IT Services, University of Oxford
http://www.arc.ox.ac.uk http://www.it.ox.ac.uk