[slurm-users] Limit on number of nodes user able to request

Sajesh Singh ssingh at amnh.org
Thu Mar 25 01:31:41 UTC 2021

Slurm 20.02
CentOS 8

I just recently noticed a strange behavior when using the powersave plugin for bursting to AWS. I have a queue configured with 60 nodes, but if I submit a job to use all of the nodes I get the error:

(Nodes required for job are DOWN, DRAINED or reserved for jobs in higher priority partitions

If I lower the job to request 50 nodes it gets submitted and runs with no problems. I do not have and associations or QOS limits in place that would limit the user. Any ideas as to what could be causing this limit of 50 nodes to be imposed?

-Sajesh-