[slurm-users] Suspended and released job continues running in a "down" partition

Gestió Servidors sysadmin.caos at uab.cat
Wed Mar 24 14:31:05 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have got this new question for you:

In my cluster there is a running job. Then, I change a partition state from "up" to "down". Then, that job continues "running" because it was already running before the state had changed. Now, I run explicitly a "scontrol suspend my_job". After it, my job remains at the queue because of it is suspended and, also, I have change partition status to "down". After 1 hour (for example), I run "scontrol resume myjob" and, I don't know why, job continues "running"... in a partition than is still "down". Why?

Thanks