[slurm-users] Slurm version 20.11.5 is now available

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 14:15:34 UTC 2021

I create the link at job runtime.

For my case, I use the prologue to validate the link since I know ahead
of time what is needed based on job templates that are used.

In the more general case, I would have it be part of the batch script
the user runs. Just ensure they clean up afterwards (I use the epilogue
for this). So long as the destination directory is writable (chmod 1777)
this would work well.

Yet another option is to tell them to use an environment variable rather
than a path and you could have those available.

Eg:
FAST_SCRATCH=/mnt/ssd
BIG_SCRATCH=/mnt/sdb1
RAM_SCRATCH=/dev/shm

Then have them use $SCRATCH after something like SCRATCH=$FAST_SCRATCH

Just set SCRATCH to the one you want to use.

Brian Andrus