[slurm-users] qos on partition

Christoph Brüning christoph.bruening at uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Mar 18 14:00:29 UTC 2021

Dear Christine,

if I read the documentation correctly, MaxJobs would be valid for an
association, not a QoS.
You'll probably want to try GrpJobs instead of MaxJobs.

I can, however confirm that setting MaxJobs on a QoS actually quietly
sets MaxJobsPU; likewise with MaxSubmitJobs and MaxSubmitJobsPerUser.
I don't know if this an intended shorthand or something, at least I am
not aware of any documentation on this. I had expected this to fail if
it's not a valid option for QoS.

Best
Christoph

--