[slurm-users] Job ended with OUT_OF_MEMORY even though MaxRSS and MaxVMSize are under the ReqMem value

Chin,David dwc62 at drexel.edu
Mon Mar 15 18:15:42 UTC 2021

Here's seff output, if it makes any difference. In any case, the exact same job was run by the user on their laptop with 16 GB RAM with no problem.

Job ID: 83387
Cluster: picotte
User/Group: foob/foob
State: OUT_OF_MEMORY (exit code 0)
Nodes: 1
Cores per node: 16
CPU Utilized: 06:50:30
CPU Efficiency: 11.96% of 2-09:10:56 core-walltime
Job Wall-clock time: 03:34:26
Memory Utilized: 1.54 GB
Memory Efficiency: 1.21% of 128.00 GB

--
David Chin, PhD (he/him)   Sr. SysAdmin, URCF, Drexel
dwc62 at drexel.edu                     215.571.4335 (o)
For URCF support: urcf-support at drexel.edu
https://proteusmaster.urcf.drexel.edu/urcfwiki