[slurm-users] [External] About seff command

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Fri Mar 12 21:10:21 UTC 2021

I think you're misinterpreting the code. I don't see in that code
snippet where it says that the 'alloc_cpus' field is empty but there's a
corresponding value in AllocCPU.

They way I read it, it's saying that if  $job->{'alloc_cpus'} doesn't
exist, than Slurm is configured to count CPUs as a TRES, so look at the
TRES for a job and get the CPU count from there.

I think this behavior depends on the value of the SelectType parameter
in slurm.conf. Read the section of the slurm.conf documentation starting
at "SelectType".

https://slurm.schedmd.com/slurm.conf.html

Prentice