[slurm-users] [External] Submitting to multiple paritions problem with gres specified

Ward Poelmans ward.poelmans at vub.be
Tue Mar 9 08:16:31 UTC 2021

Hi Prentice,

On 8/03/2021 22:02, Prentice Bisbal wrote:

> I have a very hetergeneous cluster with several different generations of
> AMD and Intel processors, we use this method quite effectively.

Could you elaborate a bit more and how you manage that? Do you force you
users to pick a feature? What if a user submits a multi node job, can
you make sure it will not start over a mix of avx512 and avx2 nodes?

> If you want to continue down the road you've already started on, can you
> provide more information, like the partition definitions and the gres
> definitions? In general, Slurm should support submitting to multiple
> partitions.

As far as I understood it, you can give a comma separated list of
partitions to sbatch but it's not possible to this by default?

Ward