[slurm-users] How can I get complete field values with without specify the length

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Tue Mar 9 07:19:10 UTC 2021

"xiaojinghu93 at 163.com" <xiaojinghu93 at 163.com> writes:

> I am doing a parsing job on slurm fields. Sometimes when one field is
> too long, slum will limit the length with a “+”.

You don't say which slurm command you are trying to parse the output
from, but if it is sacctmgr, it has an option --parsable2(*)
specifically designed for parsing output, and which does not truncate
long field values.

(*) There is also --parsable, but that puts an extra "|" at the end of
the line, so I prefer --parsable2.

--
Cheers,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,