[slurm-users] slurm and device cgroups

Ransom, Geoffrey M. Geoffrey.Ransom at jhuapl.edu
Thu Mar 4 22:17:48 UTC 2021

Well, reading the source it looks like xcgroup_set_params is just writing to the devices.allow and devices.deny files. I haven't yet found what cg->path is being set to but presumably it is too /sys/fs/cgroup/slurm/uid_######/job_#########/step_0 or equivalent for the job in question.

I'm still not sure why "cgget -a /slurm/uid_######/job_#########/step_0" shows reasonable values for cores and memory but not the device.list entry.

If anyone has any insight on how I can see and reproduce the cgroups device setup of a slurm job by hand it would be appreciated.