[slurm-users] Long term archiving

Yair Yarom irush at cs.huji.ac.il
Mon Jun 28 14:43:04 UTC 2021

Hi list,

I was wondering if you could share your long term archiving practices.

We currently purge and archive the jobs after 31 days, and keep the usage
data without purging. This gives us a reasonable history, and a downtime of
"only" a few hours on database upgrade. We currently don't load the
archives into a secondary db.

We now have a use-case which might require us to save job information for
more than that, and we're considering how to do that.

Thanks in advance,

--

  \/       | Yair Yarom | System Group (DevOps)
  //    \  | irush at cs.huji.ac.il