[slurm-users] incorrect number of cpu's being reported in srun job

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Fri Jun 18 10:11:58 UTC 2021

Il 18/06/2021 06:20, Sid Young ha scritto:

> My question to the group is what's causing this? Do I need a cgroups plugin?
IMVHO, if you have to ask, you need it :)
Even non-malicious users, from time to time, will (try to) use more
resources than those requested and allocated, possibly impacting other
users. Even if you just make users "pay" for the resources used by
applying fairshare, the temptation to game the system could be too big.

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia