[slurm-users] Slurmrestd unspecified errors.

Heitor heitorpbittencourt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 19:05:53 UTC 2021

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 11:25:52 -0700
Brian Andrus <toomuchit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Using v20.11.7
>
> I have 8081 because that is the port I am running slurmrestd on.
>
> How are you starting slurmrestd? If you are using systemd and have
> the service file, look inside it.

I'm using systemd:

	$ cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/slurmrestd.service

	[Unit]
	Description=Slurm REST daemon
	After=network.target munge.service slurmctld.service
	ConditionPathExists=/etc/slurm/slurm.conf
	Documentation=man:slurmrestd(8)

	[Service]
	Type=simple
	EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/slurmrestd
	# Default to local auth via socket
	#ExecStart=/usr/sbin/slurmrestd $SLURMRESTD_OPTIONS unix:/run/slurmrestd.socket
	# Uncomment to enable listening mode
	#Environment="SLURM_JWT=daemon"
	ExecStart=/usr/sbin/slurmrestd $SLURMRESTD_OPTIONS -vvvvv 0.0.0.0:6820
	ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID

	[Install]
	WantedBy=multi-user.target

I just saw that line #Environment="SLURM_JWT=daemon". I uncommented it
and restarted slurmrestd and now it is working as expected.

I could not find any documentation about this variable...

I managed to have a working REST interface now, thanks for pointing me
to the right path Brian!

Cheers,
Heitor