[slurm-users] Information about finished jobs

Arthur Gilly arthur.gilly at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Mon Jun 14 08:36:11 UTC 2021

Thanks Ole!

>From one of the threads you referred to: “People have come up with various home grown solutions to save that data.” That’s my case too at the moment, I currently have a daemon that extracts this data as it’s still live in scontrol show jobs, and puts it in a separate database… Several other interesting methods seem to exist, will look into them. Also hope it makes into one of SchedMD’s upcoming feature enhancements!

Cheers,

Dr. Arthur Gilly

Head of Analytics

Institute of Translational Genomics

Helmholtz-Centre Munich (HMGU)

From: slurm-users <slurm-users-bounces at lists.schedmd.com> On Behalf Of Ole Holm Nielsen
Sent: Monday, 14 June 2021 15:18
To: slurm-users at lists.schedmd.com
Subject: Re: [slurm-users] Information about finished jobs

On 6/14/21 9:33 AM, Arthur Gilly wrote:
> A related question, on my setup, scontrol show job displays the standard
> output, standard error redirections as well as the wd, whereas this info is
> lost after completion when sacct is required. Is this something that's
> configurable so that this info is preserved with sacct?

This seems to be a FAQ :-) Please read the list threads "How to get
command from a finished job" and "Show detailed information from a
finished job".

Answer: After job completion you can only ask for the information which is
in the Slurm database. The "showjob" command does that for you.

/Ole

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)

Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1

85764 Neuherberg

www.helmholtz-muenchen.de

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir.in Prof. Dr. Veronika von Messling

Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Matthias Tschoep, Kerstin Guenther

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466

USt-IdNr: DE 129521671