[slurm-users] [External] What is an easy way to prevent users run programs on the master/login node.

Juergen Salk juergen.salk at uni-ulm.de
Fri Jun 11 23:02:19 UTC 2021

Hi,

I can't speak specifically for arbiter but to my very best knowledge
this is just how cgroup memory limits work in general, i.e. both,
anonymous memory and page cache, always count against the cgroup
memory limit.

This also applies for memory constraints imposed to compute jobs if
ConstrainRAMSpace=yes is set in cgroup.conf.

Best regards
Jürgen

* Stefan Staeglich <staeglis at informatik.uni-freiburg.de> [210611 14:01]: