[slurm-users] Allowing scheduling on a node for specific users

Carsten Beyer beyer at dkrz.de
Thu Jul 29 13:10:04 UTC 2021

Hi Peter,

you could create a reservation with scontrol and put only the root user
or any other testuser(s) in the 'users' section, e.g.

scontrol create reservation=test nodes=<nodename> starttime=<starttime>
duration=<how-long> users=root

Then you need to put the reservation name to your sbatch definition or
commandline for your testjob.

Cheers,
Carsten

--
Carsten Beyer
Abteilung Systeme

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstraße 45a * D-20146 Hamburg * Germany

Phone:  +49 40 460094-221
Fax:    +49 40 460094-270
Email:  beyer at dkrz.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784