[slurm-users] Regarding multiple slurm server on one machine

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 14:05:36 UTC 2021

You can run multiple slurmctld on one machine, but they have to be on
different ports.

What you are asking to be able to do, however would not work like you
may think. They do not talk to each other.

You can run squeue and point to a different config file (one for each
master) and get the information on a single box.

You may also want to enable accounting and have each report to the same
slurmdbd. Then your sacct/sreport functions can be filtered by cluster
or show everything.

Brian Andrus