[slurm-users] Minimum requirements for Slurm daemons?

Heitor heitorpbittencourt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 18:17:00 UTC 2021

Hello,

I'm trying to find the minimum requirements (mainly CPU and RAM) for the
slurmctld, sulrmdbd, and slurmrestd daemons, but I did not find it in
the docs. Maybe I missed some page?

Right now, we are allocating one entire physical machine to each one of
those daemons, but it sounds overkill. We are looking into "splitting"
those machines into smaller virtual machines. But, what are the minimum
requirements for CPU and RAM for each daemon?

I guess slurmrestd does not need as much resources as slurmctld/dbd?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Heitor